@Kurt What’s making matters complicated is the fact that I can no longer reproduce the problem even on my production machine… If you encounter this again, could you please send me a log file so I can investigate at which point in the code the error occurs? You would need to enable logging first: XL Toolbox > Settings > Enable logging. Thanks.
That’s odd, I don’t block attachments and I have full control over the server.
I’ve improved batch export logging and release version 7.2.2, so if you would like to try again, please update first, then send it to me via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org is correct), or use the private messaging function of this forum (click on my user name, then choose “message”).
sorry for the late reply… I did not change anything that i can think of other than maybe rebooting my computer… but 2nd time it worked. Yes i had tired with a single graphic only both times first did not work few days later worked.
Your intermittent problem may have to do with the logging feature. I encountered the same problem today while trying to export two simple graphs from the same sheet as PNG files.
COM object that has been separated from its underlying RCW cannot be used.
Seeing your suggestion to create a log, I was going to send one along to help out the trouble-shooting process. But here’s the deal. When I change my settings to enable logging, the problem went away. Everything worked perfectly. Then I turned off logging, and the error returned. I turned logging back on, and the problem went away.
Great, I thought, but that wasn’t the end of the story. After a couple times toggling back and forth, I received a different error with logging turned on:
Unable to load bitmap.
Hope this helps in some way.
BTW, is there a way to retain the folder I choose when I batch export? It always makes my find my working folder over again, which is about 10 folders deep. Starting in the location of the current Excel file would help.
While your observation seems compelling, I could not reproduce it with regard to logging. However, I found out that the error occurs every other time that the batch export is executed… So if you happen to simultaneously turn on and off logging, one might get the impression. Now, don’t ask me why it occurs only every other time… But it explains why I could not always reproduce @Kurt’s observation.
Definitively! Thanks for pointing this out… This add-in started as a personal productivity tool, and those things are the ones annoying me most. That was a small bug that will be fixed in v7.2.3.